Monday 12 January 2009

I Like Short Shorts

There's no real 'official' name for stories under 30 words, but even if there was I'd still call them 'short shorts', for obvious reasons. Anyway, I was inspired by Ernest Hemmingway's story 'Baby Shoes' which is 6 words long and a masterstroke. I tried at this format and found that it suited my more drier sense of humour.

Modern Love
“Can I add you on Facebook?”

Ward No. 9
They say they keep the worse of them in Ward No. 9. I’ve never been up there. They say it’s too dangerous.

Psycho Killer
I love it when it rains. Clears the blood off better.

I Love You (Or- The Butterfly Collector)
Why is it so hard for her to say ‘I love you’? Maybe I should loosen the gag.

Noir
I’m sure she did it. Shame she’s so damn beautiful.

Only A Pawn In Their Game
What’s so good about a Knight anyway? There’s two of them and eight of us.

Advice to A Sick Man
“With a flu make sure you have enough to drink.”
“That’s ok. I’ve got some rum left over from Christmas.”

Boobs
I was told to sex up my work.

The Death Of James Dean
“He’s bound to move out of the way.”

In Dreams...
I held her at last. Then, she kissed me.

A Mugging
After my date with Susan I got threatened with a gun and my wallet was stolen. I went after it but got beaten up. I’m never going to trust a woman again.