Monday 25 February 2008

My Message To You (Yes, You)

Ok, so I'm definitely going to go ahead with this serialized story- I've done the opening of it, have an idea of a plot, just about know who my characters are and where they're going (mostly created up on my journey from Solihull to Leicester), at the moment it looks as if the story is definitely going ahead. But I got thinking (uh-oh) about the idea of the serialized story format and the fact that people can give feed back at each chapter, what I'm trying to say is that if you comment you could change the story. I thought that if people think certain characters don't work, then I'll work on them, if they don't think the plot line is going as well as it could, I could change it, if you do think it's gong in the right direction then it'll stay in that direction and so on and so forth; so it becomes reader participation, you see?

What I want to write is a horror story because I like horror and generally my prose work is divided into two categories- horror and depressing stuff. Don't get my wrong, it's get to use all these literary techniques and have lots of clever symbolism and lots of deep and meaningful themes, but every now and again, I just want just plain horror, just simple, running and screaming, oh-no-it's-going-to-get-us, cathartic horror. Maybe it's just me being crazy (most likely) or maybe it's because I recently watched horror movie classic 'The Fog', but that's fuelled my dark muse who is telling me to write horror, so I shall write. And with your help (yes, you) I change and alter the course of the story as it develops before you, so if you don't like a character they may meet a grim and grizzly demise, and if you really like a character they might met a grim and grizzly demise (if I'm feeling cruel).

So there it is- my declaration of principals as it were. On a side note once I do start posting parts, I have set myself the target of a maximum of 4 days before the next part and try not to write more than 750 words a chapter. And that's that.

Going off on another topic if you have a peek at the blog about the Oscars I was right about the Coen brothers winning, but wrong about Cate Blanchett. You can't win 'em all. Anyway, this video made me laugh, and not just because it mocks Johnny Depp-

1 comment:

Southern Belle said...

I like this idea...a bit like wiki? Then you can credit us civilians when you're super famous :P.