Saturday 23 February 2008

My Predictions For The Oscars


Now, I'm pretty sure the Oscars are this weekend, so I thought I'd post up my predictions. Those unsure what's going on here's the link to the full list of nominations. Last year I won £10 because I predicted the Oscars correctly, so I want to see if I can do it again this year.


Firstly I really think that this year will be the Coen Brothers year, I think there is a very strong chance that they will scoop the best director prize. But on the other side it depends on how friendly the Acdemy is with the Directors Guild of America becasue the Cohen brothers resigned from it becasue the DGA states that no more than one person can be credited for directing a movie. If they don't win then it'll be Paul Thomas Anderson who'll likely win. Don't get me wrong- he's a great director, but he really should have won for the superb film 'Magnolia' about 7 or 8 years ago.


Cate Blanchett will win something- she's got nods for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress. I don't think it;s all that liekly she'll win both but I reckon she'll get one, though which one I'm not sure. When you look at the Best Actress category you can normally see the pattern of at least two likelys, one British actress for good measure and one comic performance. Then with her Supporting nod her performance has been universally praised.


Other than that my one is prediction that in the Best Song category 'Enchanted' will win, after all it does have three out of the five nominations.



4 comments:

Southern Belle said...

We did a bet in film studies on this. The winner won a pencil.

Dan. said...

I think money's more fun to win than a pencil. Plus it could buy several pencils.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh i REALLY want to see that bob dylan film

Dan. said...

Me too! It looks so good but I missed it at the cinema!